Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We made it!

  Well, I've been here in Jerusalem for less than 8 hours, but its already great! We are at such a cool place! The trip over was pretty good. I always forget how long a 10 hour flight feels like it is. (Especially when you have a 5 hour one right before it!) But, some movies, some sleeping pills, and walking around made the time go by fast enough.

   So we haven't had any time to do anything except take a quick tour of the Jerusalem Center and have some other orientation-type meetings, and dinner. But seriously, the best part so far is the food. I am not kidding, its the best food I've had in months. No offense to anyone who has made me food recently, but dang. I never knew steamed carrots could taste so good and be seasoned so perfectly that they would usher in the dawn of future addiction.

   I know, I know... Everyone wants pictures. But, they scared us into the fact that if you tried to upload pictures through this network, it would crash it because its too slow. I just ran a speed test and we're getting 4-5 Mbps, which yes, is slow, but I'm pretty sure could handle a few pictures. So, once I get them uploaded to my computer I'll give them a shot!

2 comments:

  1. Jerusalem huh. Why'd you get to go!? What group are you there with?

    Make sure you get pictures of Hezekiah’s Tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany! I think I told you about it last semester... Maybe I'm remembering wrong. :p I'm here on the study abroad program with BYU, at the BYU Jerusalem Center! And yes, we're going to Hezekiahs tunnel, I'll take some pictures!

      Delete